My current research focuses on automatic behavior, the impact of self-regulation and cognitive processes on prejudice, social discrimination, and also on prosocial behavior. In addition, I have also been conducting research on the development and evaluation of interventions and training programs (in the area of Safer Sex and Zivilcourage, for example), as well as being involved in their implementation. Furthermore, I am interested in the concept of heritage and related behaviors.
In 2007, I was mentioned as one of the TOP 5 Young Researchers in Germany by the Die ZEIT/academic.de competition.
- Helping, Prosocial Behavior
- Intergroup Relations
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Beelmann, A., & Jonas, K. J. (Eds.). (2009). Diskriminierung und Toleranz. Definitionen, Befunde und Maßnahmen [Discrimination and Tolerance. Definitions, Findings and Implementation]. Wiesbaden: VS Verlag.
- Jonas, K. J., Boos, M., & Brandstätter, V. (Eds.). (2007). Zivilcourage trainieren! Theorie und Praxis [Training moral courage: Theory and Practice]. Göttingen: Hogrefe.
- Jonas, K. J., & Huguet, P. (2008). What day is today? A social-psychological investigation into the process of time orientation. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34, 353-365.
- Sassenberg, K., Jonas, K. J., Shah, J. Y., & Brazy P. C. (2007). Why some groups just feel better: The regulatory fit of group power. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 92, 249-267.
- Jonas, K. J., & Sassenberg, K. (2006). Knowing how to react: Response behavior activation from social category primes. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 90, 709-721.
- Jonas, K. J., & Brandstätter, V. (2004). Zivilcourage. Theorien, Befunde und Maßnahmen [Moral Courage: Definition, Findings, and Interventions]. Zeitschrift für Sozialpsychologie, 35, 185-200.
Kai J. Jonas
Universiteit van Amsterdam
1018 XA Amsterdam
- Phone: +31 20 525 6888
- Fax: +31 20 639 1896